January 12, 2012

Like a Rock

Warning: This post may or may not contain details about bodily functions of a certain small person living in my home.  I'm pretty sure she'll forgive me someday for telling the entire internet about her issues, seeing as how she is only 8 months old, and well, I gave birth to her :)

My little Lilly is awfully backed up.  She's just been getting worse and worse since we started her on solid food.  On Tuesday she was straining so hard that she caused her bum to have sores and start bleeding.  My poor baby!  I took her into the doctor yesterday, because I've had it, and she is obviously in severe pain trying to do something that everyone else can do without causing blood.  The doc was concerned that it could be food allergy related and doesn't want to take any chances with Lil's history.  So, she had to have blood drawn.  It was terrible to have to hold your baby down so they could stick a needle in her tiny precious arm.  AND, they didn't get it on the first arm, so we had to do both!  She was  trooper though.  She didn't even cry on the first arm.  She wailed on the second arm- so much so that two other doctors and another nurse checked in on us to see if everything was ok.  We are supposed to get results on Friday, but I wouldn't be surprised if I don't hear anything until Monday.  I'm so anxious about the results.  Of course, my hope is that she has no allergies, and that she is not allergic to dairy any more, and that this is just a simple case of constipation.  I have a feeling that this is not the case though.  We will have to wait and see.  Until then, happy pooping, I hope it comes out alright.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Saaad!! Poor sweet baby! There is nothing worse than when he tiny ones are in pain! Wishing her, tummy and tushie a speedy recovery!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...