February 16, 2012

The Blizzard

We got 20+ inches of snow on February 3-4.  It was great because we didn't have to go anywhere.  Jon was able to work from home, and the girls and I watched the snow fall.  Cecilia told us over and over "Nos, messy! Told!".  (Translation: Snow, messy and cold!)  It was so nice to have so much snow.  I ended up shoveling the first round of it.  I think there was about 11 inches when I went out.  It was so heavy!  I definitely got my workout in.  Last year we didn't really get any snow, and besides, Cecilia was just too darn cute in her snow suit. 


UPS was still on schedule and delivered Cecilia's new car seat.  I got it on major sale- Woohoo!  She was very excited about it and wanted to sit in it, buckled in while she watched "juge" (translation: George.  For Curious George).  The best part was the box.  Ohmygoodness!  Those girls had so much fun playing in the box.  Cecilia even turned it into a library at one point by putting all of her books in it and then sitting inside the box and reading.  So cute!













After church on Sunday, when the sidewalks were dry and the sun made its appearance, Cecilia decided that it was time to go.  She packed up her suitcase with puzzle pieces, asked me for her coat out of the closet, told me "bye", and headed out the front door.  She marched about  5 houses down until she couldn't walk any further because those neighbors hadn't shoveled yet.  Then she came back about 3 houses, turned around went back, then came back home.  Our next door neighbor popped his head out the door to make sure we were aware of the situation.  And the neighbor about four doors down followed her home the last time to make sure that we knew she was out.  HA!  Jon and I watched her the whole time. It was so funny!  I still don't know where she was going.  I guess she had cabin fever and just needed to get out. 





 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...