February 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, POPS!



My Daddy turned the big 5-0 on Monday.  We headed up the hill to celebrate last weekend.  We had a big party for him on Saturday.  It was held at the Community Center and had close to 100 guests.  My Dad is so loved :)  We had BBQ beef, pulled pork, ham BBQ, and all the fixin's.  Mom and I gathered a bunch of photos for a fun display.  Dad made a toast to everyone that came and talked about how the 50th Birthday is all about the cards.  He read a few of the funny ones he had already received.  He also found some funnies on the Internet that all started "When your 50..."  Ah, Dad, your a mushroom (Fun Guy, Fungi, get it?).


 





After the meal, we sang "Happy Birthday" and Dad blew out all 50 candles in one try.  Someone brought the fire extinguisher over- just in case.








Sadly, I was the only one of my siblings that was able to be at the party.  So, in order to bring my brothers to the festivities, we put together a video for Dad.  It turned out so well!  We toasted and roasted Dad.  We also impersonated Dad with several of his Dad-isms (things that Dad says on a regular basis).  Then there was a quick slide show of photos of Dad from the past 50 years.  I was so pleased with how it turned out. Dad loved it!  There was laughter, tears, and smiles throughout the whole room.  (The video ended up too big to post here, but if you'd like to see it, I can probably get it to you via email or Dropbox.)

 




Happy Birthday Daddy!  I love you!


1 comment:

Amanda Trenck said...

I can't believe your dad just turned 50! My mom turns 50 next week....strange. It looked like an awesome party. He is so lucky to have such a wonderful family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...