December 20, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

We had a very low key Thanksgiving.  I admit, I was not it the festive mode, and our Thanksgiving tree at home was not as full as I would have liked.  Not because we aren't thankful, we just didn't get around to filling the tree with everything we are thankful for.  This year, we are thankful for so much, and we are feeling very spoiled by God.

We spent the holiday at my parents house.  We drove up early on Wednesday morning and stayed through Saturday morning.  The girls enjoyed sledding and playing with Mamma and Pop's, feeding the chickens and collecting their eggs.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at the community center with folks from the area.  This is the third year we have done this, and frankly, I'm kinda over it.  I really miss the intimacy of a family dinner with my extended family.  I miss the tradition of going around the table and saying what we are thankful for.  These are things I want my girls to have memories of too.  Also, because it is a pot luck, it is hit or miss on the food.  And this year their was no mashed potatoes and no pumpkin pie.  That sealed the deal for me- I don't think we will be participating next year.  Nora was great, and hung out with Mrs. Wilson while I helped clean up.  Babies are magic and provide a comfort in such a special way.  Never the less, we did have an awesome visit with my parents, and we enjoyed our time together.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...