January 27, 2011

Beth and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

This was my Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. I wrote this last Thursday, but never posted it (guess I was in denial, or my brain forgot to click the "publish" button). Thought it should be documented though...

Thus far, my prayer for the day has been strength & patience. I can't remember the last time I had a day like today. Cecilia was up and naked in her crib at 6:30- WAY to early! By the time 8:00 got here we had already had 2 poop accidents, the gate broke, the clock fell off the wall and shattered glass everywhere, and the hall light died. I had cried and called Jon twice by this point. Thinking that we were at the bottom, and the day could only get better, it got worse. We had countless pee accidents, and too few successes. Oh, and the toilet in the basement broke after I used it. It just started running water and I had to figure out how to fix it- with a tantrum toddler at my ankles.

Once nap time finally arrived, a sigh of relief came upon me, until the iPod in Cecilia's room started blaring "Walking on Broken Glass" instead of her white noise ocean waves. JOY! I sprinted up the stairs to see what the heck happened, C was wide awake now (I think she had just dozed off). Earlier when I was cleaning up the glass from the clock, she was contained behind the other gate in the hall and got a hold of her iPod. She removed the repeat from her ocean song, removed the music menu from the main menu and set the rest of the music to shuffle. It seriously took me over five minutes to figure out how to get the music menu back to the main menu so I could reset the darn thing. Now C was REALLY awake, and she didn't go back to sleep for 45 minutes.

Jon was home promptly at 3:30 :) Of course, C was a perfect angel for him, and the house didn't act up any more.

1 comment:

AJ and Cindy said...

oh no! that does sound like an swful day :( I'm sorry, that is always the worst. When it rains, it pours, huh? Glad to know I am not the only one who calls my husband at work in the midst of a break down! :)

PS...how do you make your blog header??

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...