January 19, 2011

New Seats

She is growing up WAY too fast. I feel like over the past week we have graduated from baby/toddler to toddler/5 year old. Still, she is so cute, she warms my heart every day, and she enriches my life beyond imaginable.

Last week I came to terms with the fact that she has outgrown and outsmarted her sassy-seat. We have LOVED this chair for her. She has been able to sit in it since she was about 6 months old. At that time, she still needed a phone book to be an appropriate height. Now she has figured out how to climb into it by any means necessary and lounge in the seat however she deemed comfortable. This was getting a little out of control, so we had to up grade her to a big girl seat at the table.

We've also had to come to terms with the fact that she is ready for this:
I was really not anticipating this at all. I was fully expecting to be on double diaper duty for a few months over the summer, before going here. Cecilia had different plans. I never thought that the child would be the one to initiate this potty process, but when she clearly does NOT like a dirty diaper on, and shows you this by stripping down every time she senses this, it means she is ready. We have had several incidences over the last few weeks where we've found her totally naked in her bed with a dirty diaper in one corner and her in the other. Last week, we picked up the book from my aunt and uncle. On Sunday, I bought the potty seat for the toilet. Today she is 17 months and 3 weeks old. Today, she went potty by herself on the toilet. (SERIOUSLY SLOW DOWN!!) She was giving me a look after lunch and I asked her if she needed to go potty. She immediately started dropping her drawers, and headed to the bathroom. She pulled the potty insert up to the toilet, climbed up, and went pee on the potty! Friday is going to be our official potty training day. I'm a little nervous. I've heard that it can be really intense, but I think she is ready for it.

We've been cleaning out the guest room upstairs and moving it to a downstairs bedroom to get it ready to be Cecilia's big girl room. One of the last things to come out of the room before Jon started painting was this cupboard. Her and I got home from church last Sunday and she discovered her new favorite toy. I'm telling ya, kids toys are overrated- boxes (and the like) are all they need. It was a fun new seat for her, and still is. Peek-a-boo!





2 comments:

Marguerite said...

Love the potty picture. Based on her behavior today, Friday looks promising. No more diapers is so much fun. Just don't give into Pull-ups. Good Luck C!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! C, you're amazing! Way to look out for your momma - no double doody duty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...