January 15, 2011

Chocolate Angel

The other morning I overslept. This meant that my normal routine of getting showered and dressed before Cecilia woke up didn't happen. So, I took my shower after we had breakfast and got Cecilia dressed for the day. Up until very recently, the kitchen and living rooms have been child proofed. Within the last few weeks, Cecilia has mastered the art of chair climbing, which means that nothing is safe any more. So, I went to take a quick shower, in hopes that the house would still be standing and my child unharmed when I returned. When I peeked out of the bathroom after my shower, this is what I found:
She had climbed up to the middle of the table, got a hot chocolate tin down, opened the tin, chewed through (yes, chewed- because tearing is so adult) a hot chocolate packet, and proceeded to make hot chocolate angels on the floor with the powder. Face down of course, so she could eat up all that sugary chocolaty goodness. I had to laugh at her. I just sighed, laughed, thanked God she hadn't found anything life threatening, and then plopped her in the tub.

2 comments:

Elaine VanDRiver said...

awh!!! cutie pie! love the new blog template!!

Unknown said...

Oh C - you're a big package of trouble disguised by sheer adorableness! Smart, clever and creative kinda work against you at this age, eh?! Such cute pictures!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...