September 22, 2011

Released

Lilly and I went to see Dr. Rosensweig, the Pediatric Gastroenterologist on Monday.  Lilly has been doing so well with me being on a dairy free diet, that I can't even remember the last time she threw up.  Dr. R was so pleased with her health that he said there was really no reason that we would need to come back to see him.  YA -and- HOO!  The plan as of now is to start a "Milk Challenge" with her at 6 months old.  So we will give her some regular formula with her rice cereal then and see how she does.  If she starts showing symptoms like before (throwing up, rash, uncomfortableness, etc.) then we will wait another two months and try again.  If she does well with the milk, then we keep going and give her milk again and wait to see what happens.  Dr. R said that she could grow out of this at any point between 6 months & 1 year.  I vote for the 6 month mark, but I realize that my vote doesn't count in this case.  For now, I'm thrilled that she is doing so well, and that nursing is going so well.  Its nice to be able to nurse on the go and not worry about what might come back up.  Its also nice to be able to enjoy nursing my baby girl without worrying about if what I'm feeding her is causing her pain. 

As of recently, she has taken after her sister when it comes to sleeping habits at a young age.  She is NOT sleeping well at a night at all, and this Mama is getting to be one crabby tired lady.  I'll be hitting my favorite book for sleep issues, "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child", later to see what I can do better to help this situation.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...