May 18, 2011

Mother's Day

(I know, this is beyond ridiculously late to be posting this, but oh well. At least its getting documented now.)

Mother's Day was a beautiful day. The weather was so nice and warm. My hugely pregnant self and Cecilia joined my parents and grandparents for Mass at my grandparents church and then we headed to my Uncle Dan's house for lunch. I had been contracting all day (go figure). This is the last photo taken of the 4 generations with just Cecilia.


My parents headed up the hill, an hour and a half away, to their house. Jon Cecilia and I decided to try and kick this labor thing into high gear and go for a walk. We walked about a half mile to a local park where Cecilia got to show Daddy her new trick of going down the slide by herself. On Friday, Mom and I took C to a different park and showed her how to go down the slide. She was so proud of herself. She must have gone down that slide 25+ times.

On the way home, my contractions were getting really intense. They were causing me to have to stop walking and breathe through them. When we got home, I tried to rest to see if they stopped, but they didn't, so we called my parents and grandparents. My parents had just got home (Murphy's law). I was sure this was the real deal. My parents drove back down the hill, and we eventually headed off to the hospital (again) around 9PM. My contractions were still strong, and if I had eaten any dinner it would have come up. I was so nauseous! When we arrived, my midwife checked me- no change since the prior Wednesday. I was so mad. She suggested that we try to rest, and get rechecked in a few hours to see if I had made any progress. I was so disappointed. I sent my mom and grandparents home. Jon and I waited it out to hear the news we knew we were going to get. by 11:30PM, there was still no change. My midwife sent us home with the clear instruction to rest. Stop walking, and rest! There will be nothing that I can do to induce this labor. When my body decides to go into labor, there will be nothing that I can do to intensify it, or slow it down. So we went home.

On Monday, Jon went to work, my parents and I went to the mall for a bit, and then Dad went home. My wonderful Mom decided to stay down. I was so happy that she stayed. It was so helpful to have her here for the three days before we went to the hospital for real. I was contracting that entire time, and her help with Cecilia was so needed and appreciated.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...