May 01, 2011

Ready for Sweet Potato

We made it to May!! I was so anxious the last few weeks of April. I really wanted to make it to May before this baby arrived. April has not had a good history for Jon and I. There are several examples of this, and it could warrant several other blog posts, but I'll spare you. You'll just have to trust that we are very happy it's MAY! I'm really hoping this baby makes his/her appearance this week. I'll be good to go any time after about 5PM today. You see, I have a pedicure with my best friend at 4PM, and I've been looking forward to this for weeks. Besides, I want my toes to be pretty when my feet are hoisted up in the air to push this baby out :) I think I'll make it.

We are ready at home. The nursery has been reset to "newborn stage". The bassinet is ready to go in our room. The double stroller is ready for its maiden voyage. The car seat is in the car (although, not installed yet). The bag for the hospital is packed. I have two piles in the nursery to be brought for the baby, depending on if we have a boy or girl. And I am SO. DONE. being pregnant. Starting tomorrow, I will be walking, walking, walking. I'll be preparing spicy food. My kitchen floor needs a good cleaning, so I think I'll be on my hands and knees tackling that chore. I'm anxious about the labor to come. I really hope and pray that this labor is 24 hours or less. That would be awesome! I can totally handle 24 hours. Cecilia was a 41 hour labor (or 63 hours, if you count from when my water broke). I figure this one has to go faster. Please say a prayer that this one goes faster. Thanks.

(If there are any last minute bets for the baby, let me know. I need gender, birth date, time, and weight.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...