November 07, 2012

Other October Occasions

We spend a lot of time at my parents house in October.  It was hunting season.  Also known as galavanting season.  Jon hunted elk for the last two weekends and the girls and I tagged along and stayed at  parents house.  Jon is still a vegetarian, for the record.  We enjoyed quality time with Mammaw and Pops (we are still not sure how to spell my Mom's "Grandma name", Cecilia pronounces it so strangely and now Lilly has caught on).  Lots of baking, puzzle building, long walks, and conversation.  Also, the sunsets were amazing.  I'll never get over their view.  Cecilia was very happy to have her Daddy back when the galavanting was over.








Grandma Cheryl came for dinner early in the month.  I made our favorite savory pumpkin dish.  Oh my, it is so good!  It is pumpkins baked with pancetta, marscapone cheese, sun dried tomatoes, and all kinds of other yumminess.  Lilly was a little snuggle bug with Grandma Cheryl.  It was priceless.



The cold weather made an appearance.  It spurred me to make sure that my girls had the appropriate winter wear before the snow hit.  Lilly is such a shoe girl.  She loves her new boots and will bring them to me all the time just so she can wear them.



My MOPS group made blankets for The Gabriel House.  We made 11 blankets in under two hours for pregnant women in need.  They turned out beautifully!!


The colors on the trees were beautiful, as always.  I just love the color this time of year.  I took this photo of our tree in our front yard.


My girls were cute all month long- can you believe that??  Lilly is becoming quite the princess.  One day we had apples and Nutella for a snack.  Well, actually, I served apples and Nutella, the girls had Nutella :)
 



My beautiful friend, Amanda, is having baby number three in December.  Her two boys are the same age as my girls.  This time she is having a girl, so a baby shower was in order to celebrate all things pink :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...