November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Petey got home from traveling and studying in Italy on the Monday before Thanksgiving.  I picked him up at the airport very late and the girls were so excited to see him on Tuesday morning.  Oh, how I missed that littlest brother of mine.  He has had quite the adventure over the past 3 months.  He has traveled to 11 countries, countless cities, and a once in a lifetime experience.  This was his Facebook post from the Dublin Airport before he boarded the plane to come home, it pretty much says it all:

53 busses
30 Destinations 
17 trains 
16 hostels
11 Countries
13 Airplains
1 cruse 
-------------- 
$7,400

1 Italian Study Abroad Experience
------------------
$ Priceless

 He studied in Florence, Italy during the week and traveled every weekend while he was there.  Can you tell I was living vicariously through him while he was gone??  Good thing he took lots of pictures and posted them regularly on Facebook for me too see ;)


We headed up the hill on Wednesday and Jon's mom joined us for the festivites.  The girls were so lucky to have Both Grandma's and Great Ma around, not to mention Pops and Great Pa, too!  Uncle Nick and Aunt Megan were also there.  It was the second annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner at the Community Center near my parents house this year.  It was pot luck style, and Cecilia loved sampling all of the cranberries.  I think she ate four servings of cranberries!






I love how she crosses her ankles :)



I failed to take very many pictures of our time this year (all of the ones above are from Ma, thanks Ma!!).  I did get these cutie pictures of Lilly and Grandma Cheryl playing beauty shop.  My mom saw this happening and ran to get the photo album from when I was about Lilly's age.  Check out what she found below.  What's crazy to me is how much I think Lilly looks like me at this age.  I have always thought, and I still do, that she looks like Jon, but looking through these photos was like looking in a mirror at Lillian.

Beth with Nan (Great Grandma), circa 1985







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...