December 27, 2010

Fun at Grandma & Pops'

Having time at my parents home is one of the best things in the world. They are remote enough that there is no temptation to go shopping, or to go do anything with the rest of the post-Christmas world. We were able to enjoy quality time with Grandma, Pops and the rest of the family.

Cecilia seriously loves her Pops. She was a little cuddle bug with him.

We had the chance to make a real gingerbread house. This was a multi-step, multi-person effort. Cecilia helped Grandma make the gingerbread dough. She discovered molasses. I came over to the kitchen when I heard my Mom giggling at C, and this is what I found:

A few minutes later I heard Mom giggle again, and when I came to investigate, this is what I found:

Pat, Sarah, and I worked diligently on designing, rolling out, and decorating our gingerbread house and duck barn. We were so proud of our hard work. It was a fun labor of love. Pat completed the project with a Loch Ness monster. Sarah decorated the majority of the house, complete with Christmas "lights" and festive trees in the landscape. I worked on the Duck Barn, the mama duck and all of her little ducklings.



While us big kids were decorating, Cecilia was painting with Grandma. This was her first experience with paint. She was fascinated with all of the different places she could paint...


This painting session warranted a bath in Grandma's sink.


One evening after Cecilia went to bed, we played a rousing game of Yhatzee! I got TWO Yhatzee's and won the game. Wooowhooo!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...