November 15, 2011

Lilly at Half a Year Old

She is getting SO big.  She had her 6 month appointment yesterday.  Complete with four shots, poor baby!  She has grown one dimensionally.  She has only gained one pound since her four month check up, but she has grown 1.5 inches! 

Weight: 14 lbs.  40%
Height: 26 Inches  75%

She astounded the doctor by sitting pretty for several minutes and then cruising around the room crawling/army crawling.  Dr. Jill was stunned and picked her up as if to prevent her from being mobile.  HA!  Jill predicts that she'll be walking by 9 months.  My mom has said the same thing, and since Jon walked at 9 months, I wouldn't be shocked.


Last week I relaxed slightly with the dairy free.  I had a lunch with dairy, that I was unaware of until I had finished.  I also had a few cookies made with butter.  She started to get a slight rash all over her torso, but I tried to ignore it or blame it on something else.  We attempted a milk challenge with her on Sunday night.  She did fine and did not throw up.  However, that rash got way worse, and the doc said that it looked like eczema, which most likely is from the dairy.  boo!  Unfortunately this means that I have to continue dairy free till she is at least 9 months old.  This is going to make for some very difficult holiday celebrations for me.  Ah, the things we do for our kids. 

Since she is sitting up so well now, she has learned the art of splashing in the tub.  I think she's been watching her sister for the past 6 months, because she's a pro already.




Here's a fun little comparison.  Remember the look alike post for Cecilia at 6 months??  Here it is for Lilly.  You tell me who she looks like.  I think she is Jon's baby for sure.  I also did a side by side of Cecilia and Lilly at 6 months in the same spot in our house. The most noticeable difference is the hair.  It is starting to come in on Lilly.  You can't tell, but I swear it is!  They have the same beautiful brown eyes, but I think that's about it.  I LOVE THOSE GIRLS!! 




 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...