November 14, 2011

Photo Challenge Day 14 -  Something that means a lot to you.

I don't wear very much jewelry.  I used to, before I had another human attached to me for at least 50% of my day.  Little humans like to eat, pull, and break pretty jewelry, and watches tend to snag their thin skin in the process of picking them up and setting them down.  So, the only jewelry that I wear day in and day out are my wedding rings, and my baby rings.  These rings mean so much to me, for obvious reasons.  I've been wearing my wedding rings for over 7 years now, and my baby rings were added to my right hand for each of my girls' births.  The white gold one was for Cecilia, and the rose gold one was for Lilly. 

This was more difficult than I anticipated.  Rings are small in comparison to the rest of the world.  I feel like I did a decent job, but I know I could have captured them better with a macro lens.  I attempted a photo of my rings over 70 times.  That's more than any other day so far.  My favorite one is the one in the laundry basket (I like a little bling in my weekly mundane chores).




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...