November 04, 2011

Photo Challenge Day 4 - Your pet


First there was Audrey, but she's a princess and moved down the street.  Then there was Bogart (as in Humphrey Bogart).  He is 4 years old, and we've had him since he was a kitten.  His name fits him perfectly.  He's a lover.  He's spunky, and he likes to nap on top of the couch.  If he could talk he would say "Moww Moww" in the swankiest voice you've ever heard, and if he could drink from a martini glass he would have his shaken, not stirred.




Then we got Stella.  She's 4 years old too, and we got her as a puppy.  She is a pure bread yellow lab with a case of the dudley's.  Dudley labs have light eyes and pink noses and paws.  She's a lab alright!  She's still way hyper and gets way to excited when we have visitors.  She's a good dog though, and she protects the house like a good dog does.  

The newest pet member of the family is River.  We call River a "he" even though he has a pink shell, but there is something about a hermit crab that exudes a male persona.  He's technically Cecilia's pet, but lets be real here, who has to take care of him??  Yep, me.  We got him out today to stretch his claws.




These photos were fun today.  I tried to play with the rule of thirds for Bogart, and play with the light from the window.  I like the profile of Stella, and the difference in settings from inside to outside on my camera.  For River, even though I don't have a macro lens, it was neat to see what my lens could do for focusing on such a tiny creature. 

1 comment:

Elaine VanDRiver said...

Okay....you are inspiring me! I am ashamed of myself for not learning my camera's functions yet. I absolutely love the quality of your pic....and I just gotta figure out how to do the out of focus background thing that you got going on! That's just too cool, and I love that you are sticking to your challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...